We had a flash flood the day before yesterday and a flood similar to the flood of 1993 that is to crest tomorrow, June 2, 2013. I have lived in Cedar Rapids, Iowa most of my life and one thing that stays the same during each of these floods and that is the water has to have somewhere to go. A few feet could make all the difference in the world for people who went through and continue to have water problems since the 2008 flood.
I don’t think we would have the sewer problems we have if the city would just work with the DNR to dredge the river. If the city council worked as hard for flood protection as they have to acquire and demolish homes and businesses we would be so much better than we were before the flood of 2008.
- Flash Flooding in Cedar Rapids (cedarrapidsactivist.wordpress.com)
- Cedar River Expected To Hit Nearly 20 Feet in Cedar Rapids (kcrg.com)
- Cedar River Approaching What Had Been Historic 20-foot Level in Cedar Rapids (kcrg.com)
- Cedar Rapids expects 11th highest Cedar River crest in history Saturday (thegazette.com)
- Edgewood Road bridge could now close tonight, Cedar Rapids officials say (thegazette.com)